About Our Church
Our Sunday Service is held from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., providing an opportunity for individual inspiration, reflection, and worship. During this service, our weekly Bible Lesson (link to info on Bible Lesson) is read which consists of selections from the Bible and related passages from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy.
When Mary Baker Eddy established The First Church of Christ, Scientist, she ordained the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures as Pastor of the church. The Christian Science church, therefore, has no ordained ministers.
Our weekly Christian Science Bible Lesson, composed of citations from the Bible and related passages from Science and Health, is based on one of twenty six topics, which rotate semi annually. Each week’s lesson contains a fresh and unique combination of citations. Bible Lessons are published in various print and online editions so that individuals may study the lesson throughout the week prior to its being read at the Sunday service in Christian Science Churches around the world.
Our Founder & Core Beliefs
Mary Baker Eddy was an influential American author, teacher, and religious leader, noted for her groundbreaking ideas about spirituality and health, which she named Christian Science. She articulated those ideas in her major work, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, first published in 1875.Four years later she founded the Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Massachusetts, which today has branch churches and societies around the world. Third Church is one of these branches. In 1908 she launched The Christian Science Monitor, a leading international newspaper, the recipient, to date, of seven Pulitzer Prizes.
History of Third Church
Our church’s founding began on March 28, 1924, when a group of forty-six Christian Scientists held a meeting with the purpose of forming a third Christian Science Church in Dallas. The first service of the newly formed Third Church of Christ, Scientist, was held at the Stoneleigh Court on Sunday, April 27, 1924, and on June 18, 1924, a charter was obtained from the State of Texas.